Huawei’s MediaPad X1 is not only a good alternative to an iPad Mini but also has phone capabilities. Announced at Mobile World Congress and expected to be launched in March 2014.
Claimed to be the slimmest 7″ tablet, Here is what is cool about it:
- 3G with calling facility
- 4G LTE (optional)
- Quad Core Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 7″ Full HD, IPS panel
- 13 MP camera (sony lens), with 5 MP secondary camera
- 16 GB Internal storage
- Expandable MicroSD slot
- 5000 mAh battery, which is powerful enough and can also be used to charge other devices
- WiFi b/g/n, Dual Band in the 4G version
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Just 239g lightweight and slim
Here are the limitations:
- No Android KitKat, there is no plans or commitment for Huawei.
- Little awkward to use a phone because of the large size.
Since today’s phones don’t even last a day, you should use your primary phone for voice only, and use this device for all data activities. The X1 could be good tablet device but little awkward to hold as a phone. Could be used with Bluetooth as a phone.Read more