Official Mac OS X client for Ubuntu One
A few months back we released the Ubuntu One Mac OS X client in beta, today we’re pleased to announce that we have released the official version. If you’ve been using the current beta you’ll need to install this new version manually as the beta version didn’t have automatic update functionality, however this has now been added to the official version.
Over the last few months we’ve been busy fixing bugs and making updates to the client, in this official version we’ve included;
- Client automatically checks and downloads latest updates
- Ubuntu One service stays running in the background (with menu bar icon) after – Ubuntu One (Control panel) app is quit.
- Status icon menu in the top menu bar now shows progress of current transfers
- Honors system proxy settings (*except for PAC files, which we don’t support on any platform)
- Translations included – localized for all the same languages as U1 on Ubuntu.
Ubuntu One is cross-platform and works on Windows, iOS, Android, Ubuntu, the web and now on Mac, so you can use Ubuntu One between all your favourite OSes and across devices. Files, photos, documents, music – all your precious stuff can be stored and managed in a single place with your Ubuntu One personal cloud. You can then access your stuff from anywhere, freeing up space on your other devices. Maybe you work on Mac or Windows PCs but use Ubuntu at home, and have an iPhone, iPad or Android device. Ubuntu One spreads your saved content to all of them and also enables more opportunities for sharing across platforms with family and friends
This will be our last major update in 2012, so we’d like to thank those of you who’ve been testing the Mac beta version and reporting bugs, we couldn’t have done it without you. We’d also especially like to thank all our loyal users for your continuing support during 2012. We hope you enjoy the holidays and wish you all the best for 2013.
See you in the New Year!