Tuesday, April 24th, 2012
We’ve just released an updated version of our hugely popular Ubuntu One Files app for Android, making it even better – it’s ready for download in the Play store now.
Our favorite new addition is that the U1 Files app now supports auto-upload from other photo apps you use. So if you’re into Instagram, the U1 Files app will automatically upload all those cool images to your Ubuntu One personal cloud, making them available on all your devices. We’ve also made sharing a link to Facebook, Twitter and other networks dead easy!
You’ll notice a number of UI improvements across the app, including some functional additions so you have more choice in determining how the U1 Files app performs.
The new settings functionality can help you save power and avoid incurring costly roaming charges.
- * Auto-upload only when the device is charging
- * Don’t auto-upload when roaming
- * Gallery Auto Upload – you can now choose whole galleries to Auto upload
- * ‘Cancel all uploads’ from the setting menu
- * Cancelling file downloads from the context menu
Remember Ubuntu One works on Windows, Android, iOS and of course, Ubuntu. Don’t have an account? Sign up for free and get 5GB of cloud storage for all your files, photos and more.