The discussion about “U Development” started at 16:00.
- Feature freeze is August 21. Note Debian Import Freeze is coming up
- as well.
- The mysql /var/lib/mysql discussion is proceeding, but it seems
- unlikely that this will happen by feature freeze now. Nevertheless, we expect to land 5.6 in main in the same manner as 5.5 is currently on schedule.
- remember to keep your blueprints updated with work item progress and re-plan milestones if things slip.
Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
The discussion about “Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)” started at 16:03.
- No updates
Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (psivaa)
The discussion about “Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (psivaa)” started at 16:05.
- No updates
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)
The discussion about “Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)” started at 16:05.
- James Page reports that iscsitarget 12.04 DKMS updates for HWE
- kernels are ready and uploaded to trusty-proposed awaiting SRU team review (bug 1262712)
- The KSM on NUMA + KVM bug (1346917) is making great progress, driven
- by Chris Arges. Brad Figg reports that an upload to trusty-proposed is imminent, and it should land on August 8th (the day after 12.04.5). 12.04.5 (for the HWE kernel) won’t include the update, but one will be available for it the next day.
- For kernel SRU cadence updates, see
Ubuntu Server Team Events
The discussion about “Ubuntu Server Team Events” started at 16:17.
- rbasak noted that the Canonical Server Team have been sprinting in
- #ubuntu-server on Fridays to complete merges, including mentoring and sponsoring, and that all are welcome to join them.
The discussion about “Open Discussion” started at 16:18.
- James Page reported that there are plans to SRU docker 1.0.x to
- 14.04 in bug 1338768. The proposed uploaded is in a PPA and awaiting review from the SRU team. Testers are encouraged to try it out.
Agree on next meeting date and time
Next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 4th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting. Note that this was stated incorrectly in the meeting itself. The chair will be Liam Young.Read more