With the Ubuntu TV port to Unity 3d currently underway, the project team is looking towards future feature development and they want the community’s input on what the product should do. Specifically they are gathering a list of use cases that consumers might want in a Smart TV in five key areas:
- Local/networked media
- How should Ubuntu TV interface with media on the local device or local network?
- Online media
- How should Ubuntu TV find and play online media?
- Control from another device (smartphone, tablet etc.)
- How can you use your existing phone or table to interface with your TV?
- Broadcast (LiveTV, PVR)
- How should Ubuntu TV list, store and playback live TV?
- What types of applications would be useful on a TV?
So here’s your chance to get involved and be heard, go to this wiki page and start adding your use cases to the list.