Update on July 27, 2011: The official 3.0 kernel can be found at:
After upgrade to Natty, my Toshiba Satellite U300 had problem suspend/hibernate. As soon as I close my lid of my laptop, the system will go into suspend, and the system is freezed after that. A bug report was filed, if anyone is having similar problem, feel free to take a look at my bug report #788436. Unfortunately, other than filed the bug report, I have not spend enough time to investigate the issue.
Yesterday, I saw Andy’s post about the new kernel 3.0. I thought this might be the cure for the issue. Today I took some time to give that a try, and it WORKED!!
Here is what you need to do, if you want to update your system to kernel 3.0 as well:
1. Download the dependency(module-init-tools) for the kernel 3.0
i386 from the following URL:
2. Install the module-init-tools on your computer by double click on the packages!
3.Select the proper architecture for your system, and download the kernel 3.0 package (linux-image and linux-header) onto your computer from below
4. Double click on the two packages that you download and install them via the software center.
5. When finish, reboot your system! You should be on the kernel 3.0 from now on! Enjoy~
6. In case you want to verify if the installation is successful or not, you can open a terminal and run the following command:
If you see the output like:
Then you are on the kernel 3.0!!