It seems like it’s taken a long time to get all the pieces hooked up, but I’m very happy to report that finally you can see the results of testing an android build in LAVA directly in the build page! If you go to a build page for a build that is automatically tested such as https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/panda/#build=250 (after a little while for some ajax to happen), you should see a table listing the test runs we ran and the summary of the pass/fail counts:
- We needed to build the scheduler, so that we could submit this job to run on the first Panda board to become available.
- We needed to build the infrastructure to allow the job to be submitted with some measure of security from a remote host.
- We needed to work on the build system scripts to submit the job without disclosing the authorization token.
- We needed to add views to the scheduler and dashboard that present data in a ajax-friendly way.
- We needed to work on the build system frontend to make uses of these views and format the data.
- And finally, we needed to test and deploy all of these changes.
So I think I’m justified in being happy to have this finally working in production 🙂 Of course, it’s just a start: we want to build similar facilities for the other working groups to use, if nothing else.