Outstanding actions from last meeting
JFo to send out regression bug day announcements on monday
e-mail went out last week for the schedule to all bug lists that normal bug days go to
JFo to do a wiki page on regression bug days
In progress, carried forward to next week.
Wiki page for the Bug Day is located here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelBugDay.
Lucid Release Status: Bugs
|Beta 2 Milestoned Bugs||Release Targeted Bugs|
Only outstanding item for beta 2 still open: [leannogasawara] apport — sub-system directed reporting [amber]:INPROGRESS all other beta 2 tasks are complete
PATA and SATA pull out is done and some debian installer fallout sorted out (thanks smb), and the review of the builtin sub-systems complete.
I’ve just released a test kernel which addresses the flickering problem with some Intel graphics devices. There are five bugs open against this: http://bit.ly/aiKuuL. Otherwise we are continuing to debug issues as they appear.
Nothing new to report.
Looking at Bug #458299, Bug #529288, Bug #544764, Bug #549428, which all seem to be inter-related or even possibly symptoms of the same bug
- Launchpad bug 458299 in linux “apparmor_parser: page allocation failure. order:5″ [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/458299
- Launchpad bug 549428 in apparmor “Triggers permanent high i/o load after upgrade” [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/549428
- apparmor “unkillable apparmor_parser” [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/544764
- linux “”Kernel Oops” – unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff880323279bf2 RIP is at aa_dfa_match_len+0xd9/0xf0″ [Low,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/529288
Looks like the remaining ureadahead work will get postponed to Lucid+1 as the userspace bits are not likely to make Lucid. That likely will close off the blueprint.
Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support
Did a bunch of arsenal work, blasted several hundred alsa-driver bugs with automated comments.
Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt
Pushed a new set of packages out and a CFT (call for testing). No news since.
Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status
Did lots of testing for Bug #540378, Bug #527208, haven’t been able to trip either so we are looking good for EC2.
- Launchpad bug 540378 in linux-ec2 “BUG: soft lockup – CPU#1 stuck for 66s! [swapper:0]” [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/540378
- Launchpad bug 527208 in linux-ec2 “ec2 instance fails boot, no console output on c1.xlarge” [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/527208
Lucid is at stable 18.104.22.168+drm33.1. We are prepping to the Beta-2 freeze on Thursday, and expect to upload kernels for that early Wednesday. Anything we need in should be up for review _today_.
Security & Bugfix Kernels
|2.6.24-27.69||(proposed) [ 6]||1/ 3 verifications done (+1)|
Karmic ec2 and mvl-dove have no open bug reports but were rebased to the version of master in proposed. Asked for quick re-test.
Karmic fsl-imx51 needs to set the status right. An update for it has been uploaded today (consisting of previous and new changelog).
Incoming Bugs: Regressions
Current regression stats (broken down by release):
regression-potential (up 130)
- 166 lucid bugs
regression-update (up 1)
- 12 karmic bugs
- 5 jaunty bugs
- 2 intrepid bugs
- 1 hardy bug
regression-release (down 1)
- 53 karmic bugs
- 21 jaunty bugs
- 11 intrepid bugs
- 4 hardy bugs
regression-proposed (no change)
- 1 karmic bug
Incoming Bugs: Bug day report
Today is another Kernel Team ‘regression-’ bug day. Thanks for working on these last week. The next Kernel Regression Bug Day will be on Thursday of this week.
Open Discussion or Questions
- Nothing new this week.