Archive for April, 2010

Brad Figg

Kernel Team Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes

IRC Log of the meeting.


2010-06-04 Meeting Agenda

Outstanding actions from last meeting

None this week.

Lucid Release Status: Bugs

Release Targeted Bugs
linux 40
linux-fsl-imx51 1
linux-ec2 0
linux-mvl-dove 1

Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling

  • [apw] kerneloops — ensure ubuntu oopses are detected correctly:TODO
  • [apw] kerneloops — move to bugs only coming through launchpad:TODO
  • [apw] c-o-d — we should be building the tip of lucid daily, uploading to pre-proposed:TODO
  • [apw] c-o-d — can we build some bisect points between releases:TODO
  • [jeremyfoshee] documentation — re-organize kernel team wiki pages :INPROGRESS – I hope to have the proposal for the wiki pages out this week.

All work items done or postponed, only remaining tasks are for release.

Blueprints: kerne-lucid-kernel-config-review

  • I’ll note that there’s an ftrace/profiling config I(cnd) found last week that would be nice to have, will send patch out when I get a chance
  • The only outstanding issue here is the report for ubuntu-devel, not critical, still on my todo list.

Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms

We pushed in a couple of patches to disable kms for i8xx and for ES1000 radeon. I suspect there will be a few more, but they will have to wait till sru now.

Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume

Nothing new this week.

Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development

Fixed a lot of bugs, and apw was nice enough to pull them into lucid. I have patches for a couple other issues to SRU in testing, that I need to open bugs for (reports came in from PLD linux) and I am revising what I hope is the last audit patch for upstreaming.
also have started looking at Bug #567334.

  • Launchpad bug 567334 in linux “apparmor issue delays cloud-init for 240 seconds” [Undecided,New]

Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support

My lucid specific deliverables are all completed. Put out a pull request on a Lucid-LBM update of alsa-driver to 1.0.23.

Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status

Nothing new this week.

Status: Lucid

Lucid is all frozen, we have nothing currently planned for upload before releasae. We are starting to collect things for SRU, but this does mean they will be SRU’d from here on in.

Security & Bugfix Kernels

 * Dapper:      2.6.15-55.83  (security)
 * Hardy:       2.6.24-27.68  (security)
                2.6.24-27.69  (proposed)[27]  1/ 3 verifications done (+0)
 * Intrepid:    2.6.27-17.46  (security)
 * Jaunty:      2.6.28-18.60  (security)
 * Karmic:      2.6.31-20.58  (security)
                2.6.31-21.59  (proposed)[27]  5/19 verifications done (+3)
    - LBM       2.6.31-20.22  (security)
                2.6.31-21.23  (proposed)[27]  1/ 2 verifications done (+1)
    - mvl-dove  2.6.31-212.26 (security)
                2.6.31-213.27 (proposed)[27]
    - fsl-imx51 2.6.31-109.25 (security)
                2.6.31-111.27 (proposed)[20]  1/ 1 verifications done
    - ec2       2.6.31-109.25 (security)
                2.6.31-110.26 (proposed)[27]

It might be time to think about releasing Karmic to updates. Will see what the SRU team thinks of it. While being there I wondered whether there is a better way for rebased topic branches to indicate ack/nack. Currently I could not say whether someone looked at the ec2 in proposed for example, as there is not a bug against it

Incoming Bugs: Regressions

Current regression stats (broken down by release):

regression-potential (up 130)

  • 311 lucid bugs

regression-update (down 1)

  • 10 karmic bugs
  • 5 jaunty bugs
  • 2 intrepid bugs
  • 1 hardy bug

regression-release (down 1)

  • 52 karmic bugs
  • 21 jaunty bugs
  • 11 intrepid bugs
  • 4 hardy bugs

regression-proposed (no change)

  • 1 karmic bug

Incoming Bugs: Bug day report

Nothing to report. The kernel is frozen. Next Bug Day TBA.

Open Discussion or Questions

  • I have been made aware of a specific issue. Apport breakage: Users fallback to an older kernel post-update and get an error indicating that the kernel they are using is invalid. “the problem is: user tries to boot x.y.z-2, it fails, so they boot back to x.y.z-1, and then can’t report the bug” Is anyone aware of a method we can use to address this in the future?
  • I(kamalm) am working on my first patch submission, which fixes LP: #553498
    • Launchpad bug 553498 in linux “Dell Studio 1558 (Arrandale) hangs on resume from suspend” [Undecided,In progress]