Kernel Team Meeting Minutes January 19, 2010
Outstanding actions from last meeting
amitk to meet with keybuk on automated boot tests.
Noting to add, continuing this to the next meeting.
Lucid Release Status: Bugs
Lucid Release Status: Milestoned Features
Lucid Release Status: Bugs with patches attached
In collaboration with the community team, it was thought that bugs with patches attached would be a good target for issues which we could likely fix quickly and therefore close. It was requested we add this info to our weekly meeting.
ogasawara is passing some action items to JFo as part of his becoming the kernel team qa person.
We have added the new DEVTMPFS device to the ubuntu delta for Lucid 2.6.31 based kernels.
Review of built-in sub-systems planned for the distro sprint.
Nouveau from 2.6.33-rc4 pulled into LBM and LBM generally prepared for Lucid. Currently available from my (apw) PPA for testing. Seems you need to manually installl -nouveau X-server components to get this working. X team is going to do some testing before the distro sprint, with a view to making a decision on Nouveau support and how to deliver it there.
Nothing new to report there
dfa optimization is done. There is a bug in table compression improvements so I (jjohansen) backed that out for the moment. I (jjohansen) am aware of 3 regressions in current upstream code base and am looking into them. They are minor regressions in corner cases but 2 of them may be coming from LSM tweaks.
The regression in filesystem mount time remains, that is planned for discussion at the Platform sprint. We had regressions caused by the late battery update changes (which gave us .3s during boot). A revised patch moving the update async appears to resolve the issue and retain the gains.
Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support
Nothing major to report. The alsa c-o-d is busted right now and I’m working to get it fixed.
Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt
Nothing new to report here.
Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status
EC2 patch update is slow, going. I have had 1 kernel off of slightly older patchset not boot. I have rebased and pulled in the latest patches from today, and redoing. I am dropping all the conflicts in drivers that I can.
The main kernel is now pulled up to 22.214.171.124 pulled in and ready to upload. ARM Marvell Dove just updated to 2.6.32 and so we should expect some breakage there. ARM Freescale IMX51 is now on the Freescale BSP and we receieved some 30 additional patches which are applied; upload is pending security updates on the main tree. We have a lot of work outstanding still for Lucid. With only 19 of 57 tasks closed or deferred. We need to review our alpha-3 deliverables and concentrate on those.
Security & Bugfix Kernels
|Karmic||2.6.31-18.55||(proposed)||4/12 verifications done|
|2.6.31-18-20||(proposed)||0/ 2 verifications done|
Security still getting finalized. We are including all the topic branches into the update this time. So this adds to the effort. Karmic-proposed needs to be updated before uploading as there has been one regression detected in the 126.96.36.199 update.
Incoming Bugs: Regressions
Current regression stats (broken down by release):
regression-potential (up 14)
regression-update (no change)
regression-release (no change)
regression-proposed (no change)
Incoming Bugs: Bug day report
Just a gentle reminder if you have a few spare cycles today:
Open Discussion or Questions
The entire kernel team extends a warm welcome to Chase Douglas our new Hardware Enablement Engineer.