As part of my work on Facebook and Google contact sync over the last six months, I’ve spent a lot of time pair programming with Nicola, during which we had to quickly get up to speed with RabbitMQ and txamqp. Part of the learning experience was to follow the RabbitMQ Tutorial. As an exercise, we decided it would be a good idea to try to rewrite the tutorial, which is based on the pika library, to use txAMQP, thereby exercising our new-found knowledge in both areas.

The results of this experiment can be found here. I have no doubt we have committed a multitude of sins in the process of creating this branch, but it was a useful exercise for us and may be useful for others, so we thought we should share it.