There’s a new MirAL release (1.0.0) available in ‘Zesty Zapus’ (Ubuntu 17.04) and the so-called “stable phone overlay” ppa for ‘Xenial Xerus’ (Ubuntu 16.04LTS). MirAL is a project aimed at simplifying the development of Mir servers and particularly providing a stable ABI and sensible default behaviors.
Surprisingly, given the project’s original goal, the ABI is changed. This allowed us to address a couple of minor issues and the timing seemed good as downstreams are faced with Mir-0.25 moving some necessary APIs from libmircommon to the more ABI stable libmircore.
The changes in 1.0.0 are:
- The default movement of child windows can be overridden by the window management policy;
- A new “miral-app” script that runs the miral example servers as an application on an existing desktop;
- Bug fix LP: #1646431 “Examples fail to start under Unity8”;
- Bug fix LP: #1646735 “[miral-shell –window-manager tiling] windows are not correctly constrained to tiles”; and
- A couple of deprecated APIs have been removed.